I am very excited to begin my ninth year at Millikin!
This year your child will learn new skills and concepts that will form the foundation for a lifetime of musical enjoyment. I am here to help your child explore our musical world.
Why music in elementary school?
1) Music is fun and enjoyable.
2) Music provides an opportunity for children to express themselves.
3) Music literacy skills provide a foundation for singing and learning other instruments.
4) Children build self-confidence when performing for an audience.
5) When performing music, children develop fine motor, visual, and listening skills.
6) Studies have shown that music enhances learning in other subjects such as math, science, and verbal communication.
7) When studying music, children learn discipline, self-control, patience, perseverance, and commitment.